OmnImmune® is a second generation Gamma delta T cell therapy developed by TCB aiming to expand the therapeutic potential of ImmuniCell®. OmnImmune® is an allogeneic product, which means that the Gamma delta T cells are derived from healthy donors rather than the patients themselves. OmnImmune® can be produced and banked in advance ready for use as an off-the-shelf cell therapy product for the treatment of a wide range of cancers, viral and bacterial infections. Gamma delta T cells will be derived from healthy donors and exponentially expanded in cell cultures to produce a product, which can be shipped to multiple clinical sites and effectively treat numerous disease indications.
Gamma delta T cells are particularly suited for the development of an allogeneic product, because unlike other cell therapies such as bone marrow or stem cell transplantation, they do not induce a dangerous side effect called graft versus host disease (GVHD). GVHD is a complication that can occur when the newly transplanted donor cells attack indiscriminately the recipient’s body.
As a 2nd generation product OmnImmune® will/has the potential to:
- Significantly reduce the cost of production
- Allow campaign manufacturing and stockpiling of the product
- Increase the number of patients treated per annum
- Will simplify shipping logistics
- Allow the use of higher, consistent and reproducible doses
- Make Gamma delta Τ cell therapy immediately available to treat cancer and a variety of viral and bacterial infections.